Student Drivers & Parking Policy
Parking for the 22-23 School Year is now closed. Please contact Mrs. Hindsley at email@example.com with any questions.
Student Parking Application and Driving to School Policy
Driving to school is a privilege. Students who wish to drive to school and park must follow the guidelines and procedures put in place for their safety and the safety of others. All students with plans to drive to school must complete the application and provide necessary documents before they are allowed to drive to school. Any student without an application on file and who has not paid the parking fee will not be permitted to drive to school.
2022-2023 Parking Application Process
For the 2022-2023 school year, students must complete the following items before being permitted to drive and park at school.
- Review Student Driving & Parking Policy- Interested students in driving and parking at school for the 2022-2023 school year must review the Driving and Parking Policy brochure
- Complete a quiz reviewing parking expectations
- Parking application- must be completed and provide signatures of the parent/guardian and student (will be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration)
- Vehicle Registration- must be completed and necessary documents uploaded for processing
- Parking fee- $25 fee must be paid at time of receiving hanging tag
NPHS Parking Policy Brochure 22-23 SY
Please review the brochure to make sure you know and understand the expectations for student drivers. Once you have read through the expectations, please take the Parking Application Quiz.
NPHS Parking Application Quiz
Please take the quiz after you have reviewed the Policy Brochure. This is a requirement of the application process. Students must score an 8 or above to be considered for parking. Please take right before you complete the Online Vehicle Registration. Your scores are reported to Mrs. Hindsley.
Parking Application 2022-2023 School Year
Please make sure to fill out the entire application (including signatures). The application must be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration. We will accept applications until spots are filled.
Online Vehicle Registration
All students interested in driving and parking at school for the 2022-2023 school must submit an application and complete the Online Vehicle Registration below.
*To open the link you will need to be signed into the student's school issued Office 365 account.
The required documents for the application process will be uploaded to the online vehicle registration. Students must upload the following to the online vehicle registration form:
- Copy of driver's license (*Photo ID card and not Interim Document)
- Copy of vehicle insurance card
- Copy of vehicle registration card
- Copy of latest report card (4th quarter report card for students applying during the summer
- Completed application
- Letter of support from place of employment (only required for students that have a job after school).
The $25 fee is due at the time of issuing the hanging tag. Money will not be collected before the hanging tag is issued. Payment can be made in cash (exact change) or check (made out to NPHS and student name written on the memo line).
NORTH POINT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PARKING INFORMATION
- You must be classified as a Senior or Junior to apply for a parking permit. (All Financial Holds must be cleared before an application will be processed.)
- You must have a 2.25 GPA.
- No attendance concerns. (No more than 5 unexcused absences and/or 10 tardies to 1st block from the previous school year/quarter.)
- Consideration for a parking permit will be based on the following priorities.
- Priority 1: Seniors who are on College Waiver, Principal Waiver, Co-op, CTE Work Release, or a work-study program. (Signature of teacher or grade-level guidance counselor required.)
- Priority 2: Seniors who are involved in extracurricular activities. (Signature of coach/sponsor required.)
- Priority 3: Seniors who work after school and must leave school to go directly to their place of employment. (Letter required from place of employment with times you work on company letterhead.)
- Priority 4: Juniors who are involved in extracurricular activities. (Signature or coach/sponsor required.)
- Priority 5: Juniors who work after school and must leave to go directly to their place of employment. (Letter required from place of employment with times you work on company letterhead.)
- Priority 6: Seniors without a specific need.
- Priority 7: Juniors without a specific need.
- All students applying for parking permit must hold a valid driver's license at the time of application.
- Students who have returned the completed application and online vehicle registration by August 5th at 3 PM, will be allowed to pick up their parking pass prior to school opening. Applications completed and returned to NPHS by the deadline will be processed and an email confirming pick up will be sent. Students receiving confirmation for a completed application, will be allowed to pick up and pay for the permit at the Pool entrance on the following dates:
August 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.- SENIORS ONLY*
August 19th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.- SENIORS AND JUNIORS*
- Beginning with the start of school, interested students may complete and submit applications until parking spots are filled. (Upon submission of the application, online vehicle registration, and supporting documents, Mrs. Hindsley will review the information and let the student and parents/guardians know when the student can pick up the parking tag. DO NOT SUBMIT MONEY UNTIL APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED).
- When picking up your permit, please have $25 (exact amount) or a check payable to NPHS with the student's name in the memo section.
- All student drivers MUST park in their assigned space (nose first) with the parking permit visible and able to be read from the exterior of the vehicle.
- No student may submit an application prior to obtaining a valid driver's license.
- Students who receive their license during the year may apply for a permit once they receive their photo ID. No paper licenses will be accepted! Permits will be assigned if spaces are available. (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
Only students with an approved parking application on file will be permitted to drive and park in the student parking lot. Students found parking without a permit and/or parking in a non-designated student area will be subject to towing at the owner's expense. Failure to follow safe driving rules, which includes the use of cell phones, as well as loud music, may result in the loss of privilege to drive to school. The speed limit on school grounds is 10 MPH. A student who is in violation of the driving policy may lose his/her parking privileges and have his/her vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
*Dates and times are subject to change.