Student Driving & Parking Policy
Student Parking Policy and Application Process
Driving to school is a privilege. Students who wish to drive to school and park must follow the guidelines and procedures put in place for their safety and the safety of others. All students with plans to drive to school must complete the application and provide necessary documents before they are allowed to drive to school. Any student without an application on file and who has not been approved will not be permitted to drive to school.
Students interested in driving to NPHS and parking on school grounds during the 2023-2024 school year must meet the following requirements to be considered for a parking permit:
- Be classified a junior or senior during the 23-24 school year.
- Hold a valid driver’s license (photo ID required).
- Maintain a 2.25 GPA or better.
- No attendance concerns (including multiple tardies to 1st block and frequent absences from school).
2023-2024 Parking Application Process
For the 2023-2024 school year, students must complete the following items before being permitted to drive and park at school.
- Review Student Driving & Parking Policy Pamphlet- Interested students in driving and parking at school for the 2023-2024 school year must review the Driving and Parking Policy Pamphlet.
- Complete a quiz reviewing parking expectations.
- Student Rider Verification form- must be completed and provide signatures of the parent/guardian and student (this document will be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration).
- Vehicle Registration- must be completed and necessary documents uploaded for processing.
- Parking fee- $25 fee must be paid at time of receiving hanging tag.
Please review the pamphlet to make sure you know and understand the expectations for student drivers. Once you have read through the expectations, please take the Parking Application Quiz.
Please take the quiz after you have reviewed the Policy Brochure. This is a requirement of the application process. Students must score an 8 or above to be considered for parking. Please take right before you complete the Online Vehicle Registration. Your scores are reported to Mrs. Hindsley.
Please make sure to fill out the entire student rider verification form (including signatures). This page needs to be completed even if you will not have any riders in your vehicle. There is a signature required from the student and parent on the form. The application must be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration. We will accept applications until spots are filled.
*To open the link you will need to be signed into the student's school issued Office 365 account.
All students interested in driving and parking at school for the 2023-2024 school must complete the Online Vehicle Registration below.
The required documents for the application process will be uploaded to the online vehicle registration. Students must upload the following to the online vehicle registration form:
- Copy of driver's license (*Photo ID card and not Interim Document)
- Copy of vehicle insurance card
- Copy of vehicle registration card
- Copy of latest report card (4th quarter report card for students applying during the summer
- Completed student rider verification form.
- Letter of support from place of employment, school counselor, coach, or sponsor for verification of activity.
Mrs. Hindsley will reach out via Synergy mail if there are any concerns with the items uploaded on the online vehicle registration and/or when the application has been processed.
The $25 fee is due at the time of issuing the hanging tag. Money will not be collected before the hanging tag is issued. Payment can be made in cash (exact change) or check (made out to NPHS and student name written on the memo line).
A map of the student parking lot is below. Students can only park in the student lot (tennis lot) and in the space they are assigned. Students cannot park in any other lot at the school (Main Office or Pool/Stadium lots).
NORTH POINT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PARKING INFORMATION
Consideration for a parking permit will be based on the following priorities:
Priority 1: Seniors who are on College Waiver, Principal Waiver, or CTE/AMP Apprenticeship or Internship (with verification of approval). (Documentation from school counselor or verification letter into the CTE/AMP apprenticeship program is required to be uploaded on the Online Vehicle Registration.)
Priority 2: Seniors who are involved in extracurricular activities. (Documentation from sponsor/coach is required to be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration for participation verification.)
Priority 3: Seniors who work after school and must leave school to go directly to their place of employment. (Letter required from place of employment with times you work on company letterhead.)
Priority 4: Juniors who are involved in extracurricular activities. (Documentation from sponsor/coach is required to be uploaded to the Online Vehicle Registration for participation verification.)
Priority 5: Juniors who work after school and must leave to go directly to their place of employment. (Letter required from place of employment with times you work on company letterhead.)
Priority 6: Seniors without a specific need.
Priority 7: Juniors without a specific need.
Only students with an approved parking application on file will be permitted to drive and park in the student parking lot. Students found parking without a permit and/or parking in a non-designated student area may be subject to towing at the owner's expense. Failure to follow safe driving rules, which includes the use of cell phones, as well as loud music, may result in the loss of privilege to drive to school. The speed limit on school grounds is 10 MPH. A student who is in violation of the driving policy may lose his/her parking privileges and have his/her vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
Parking Permit Pick up Information
1. Students who have returned the completed the online vehicle registration by August 11th at 3 PM will be able to pick up their parking pass prior to school opening. Applications completed and submitted by the deadline, will be processed, and an email confirming pick up will be sent. Students receiving confirmation for a completed application, will be allowed to pick up and pay for their permit at the Pool entrance on the following dates:
August 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.- Juniors and Seniors
August 21st from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.- Juniors and Seniors
2. After August 11 any student submitting an online vehicle registration and other necessary items to obtain a parking permit will be notified by Synergy mail once processing is complete. Please allow time for processing of documents during the beginning of the school year. Interested students may complete and submit applications until parking spots are filled. (Upon submission of the student rider verification form, online vehicle registration, and supporting documents, Mrs. Hindsley will review the information and let the student and parents/guardians know when the student can pick up the parking tag. DO NOT SUBMIT MONEY UNTIL APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED).
3. When picking up your permit, please have $25 (exact change) or a check payable to NPHS with the student’s name in the memo section.
4. All student drivers MUST park in their assigned space (nose first) with the parking permit visible and able to be read from the exterior of the vehicle.
5. No student may submit an application prior to obtaining a valid driver’s license.
6. All students applying for a parking permit must hold a valid driver’s license with photo ID at the time of application.
7. Students who receive their license during the school year may apply for a permit once they receive their photo ID. No paper licenses will be accepted! Permits will be assigned if spaces are available. (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
*Dates and times subject to change.
Forms that are incomplete will not be accepted.